Sunday, April 18, 2010

Pancake Creations




I love pancakes. I could eat them every day for breakfast and not get tired of them. Growing up my Great Aunt made the best pancakes. They had a certain flavor to them and she just mixed them up sometimes from what seemed like nothing.

I've tried and tried to duplicate that flavor and the only thing that has ever come close is Aunt Jemima Pancake Mix. What? Could it be? Was I duped all those years into thinking my Aunt ID was cooking from scratch when in fact she was using a mix?! Could be. Actually, that is likely the case.

Well that's all right. She made most everything from scratch so I think I'll cut her some slack on the pancakes. They were darn good and we ate them alot. Sometimes for dinner with a soppin egg on top (over easy fried egg).

Please click on over to Food for my pancake creation of the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment